The 0x0000007a error is also known as the Kernel Data Inpage Error. Amongst all the Blue Screen of death errors, this error is the most annoying. If your PC is witnessing the Kernel Data Inpage Error, then you may see some or all of these things taking place: PC may crash frequently and become very slow or may even freeze on any stage. These are some of the common ways you might be facing this problem. However, it is also possible that you might be facing this problem differently.
The error appears suddenly on the screen when you’re opening specific programs.
This common blue screen error has a lot of different causes. It can be caused by any software or hardware fault. To be more specific, the error can be caused by driver or hardware conflicts or a damaged or corrupted hard drive. RAM or memory module problems, system file corruption and registry problems can also initiate the error. Third-party software can be another cause. Most of the time the error is encountered right after specific software or drivers are installed or updated.
Anyways it is important to get rid of this error so that your computer can get back to normal operation. So, let’s get started on the fixes that can heal this blue screen of death.
Method 1: Run CHKDSK
To run chkdsk, follow these steps:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator. If you don’t know how to do it, then go to the Start Type cmd in the Start menu and then press Enter. From the search results, right-click on Command Prompt and select run as administrator.
If you’re on Windows 8 or Windows 10, press the Windows key and X key on the keyboard together. Then select Command Prompt (Admin).
- When the black window of the Command Prompt opens, type the following command: chkdsk C: /f /r.
Replace the letter C with the letter of the drive where your Windows is installed.
- Press Enter.
Your PC will restart and run the Chkdsk. Some disk drive problems including the Kernel Data Inpage Error will fix automatically.
Method 2: Memory Test
Like you’ve already read above, RAM can also cause this error. In this case, you can use Windows Memory Diagnostic to find and fix the problem. To use this tool, follow these steps:
- Go to the Start
- In the search space type memory diagnostic.
- You will see the Windows Memory Diagnostic app in the search results. Click on it.
- Select Restart now and check for problems (recommended) when you are asked to restart your PC.
- When you do that, your PC will automatically restart, and you will see the diagnostic window. This diagnostic window will show you the progress stats.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- After the diagnosing process is complete, your PC will restart and boot up When it restarts log on to your computer.
When you log in, you will see the result of the process.
Method 3: Configure Automatic Paging File Management
To configure automatic paging file management, follow these steps:
- Press Ctrl key and R key on the keyboard. Type in sysdm.cpl.
- Press Enter.
- That will open System Properties. In the System Properties window, you will see several tabs. From those tabs click on the Advanced tab.
- Then go to the Performance section.
- Click on Settings in there.
- A new window will open. In the new window, click on the Advanced tab.
- Then go to Virtual Memory section.
- Click on Change in there.
- You will see the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives in there. Check the box besides it. And if it is already checked, don’t do anything.
- After that click on OK.
- Restart your PC.
Method 4: Remove External USB Devices and Network Cables
This method doesn’t consist of a lot of steps. All you have to do is disconnect all the external devices or peripherals connected to your PC excluding the mouse and the keyboard. After that, check if the error solves. If the error does not appear anymore, then you know that the external hardware or network drivers were behind the error. There might be something wrong with either that must be causing the Kernel Data Inpage Error.
To check which external hardware or network driver is causing the error, plug in the external drivers one by one into your PC and keep checking.
Once you’ve made sure which external hardware or network driver is behind the error, try fixing it. You can solve the issue by updating the drivers or reinstalling drivers with the latest version. Or you can even try replacing the faulty external hardware.
Method 5: Update Everything
No steps or fixed processes are to be followed in this method too. You don’t have to go through a process during the updating. All you have to do is update every single thing. That includes your drivers too; you can update your drivers to their latest version.
When you update every single thing, all the major bugs and errors in your PC will fix. The Kernel Data Inpage Error will also fix in the process.
Method 6: Fix Damaged System Files
Like I’ve already stated above, damaged or corrupted system files can also cause this error (including many other Blue Screen of Death errors). You can fix the damaged system files very easily. You can use SFC command or DISM command to do it. Or you can simply use System Restore to repair the corrupted or missing files and registries. Once you do that the Kernel Data Inpage Error will also solve.